Master Beekeeper Rich Blohm
Classes officially begin in September and are held on the first Tuesday of each month for 12 months. We normally meet at the Cold Spring Harbor Library, 95 Harbor Road, Cold Spring Harbor. The classes are from 7 PM to 9 PM. Class size is limited to 25 participants We usually meet downstairs in the large meeting room off to the right.
Contact Rich Blohm at email@example.com or 631-271-7812.
The class is $145 for the year, you can pay at the first class you attend. The book we use is The Beekeeper’s Handbook by Diana Sammataro 4th addition.
This book is available at:
or even cheaper at Amazon.com
PS If you haven’t ordered bee equipment yet you may want to wait until I cover that in the December class. There are a number of hive types available these days that I do not recommend. Caveat emptor.
Master Beekeeper Moira Alexander
It will be an honor to be your beekeeping teacher starting this September. We will meet 1 time a month on the grounds of the Sisters of St. Joseph. The address is 1725 Brentwood Road Brentwood, NY 11717. Enter the grounds and follow wooden sign that says “Garden.” Class will be held behind Building 1 by the barn…called the Honey House. I will place a BEE sign that will help you spot the opening to the grounds. Pass through the house parking lot and continue down the road continuing to look for signs saying the “GARDEN’.
The door will open at 6:30 and classes will start promptly at 7pm and end at 9pm sharp!!!!. There will be a pot of coffee and tea to keep us focused on our bee tasks.
Classes will meet on the 1st Tuesday of the month. First class will be September 5th.
- Must be a member of the Long Island Bee Club ($35). I want you to belong to the local group of beekeepers.
- Buy a yearly subscription to Bee Culture ($24)
- I want you to read monthly articles that span all levels of understanding and keeping bees…
- Purchase Beekeeper’s Handbook 4th Edition (Amazon $22), by D. Sammataro & A. Avitable. Read Chapters 1&2 prior to class. It is a book that you will continue to use well after this class will be over.
- Buy a notebook that will be dedicated to your beekeeping journey this year. I want you to reflect after a year how much you have learned.
- Class fee $125 for 12 sessions
EAS Master Beekeeper